This year 2019 #International Women Day theme “Think Equal, Build Smart, Innovate for Change” Forum for Africa Women Educationalist Kenya (FAWEK) focuses and reflects on the progress made in realizing gender equality, celebrate will power demonstrated by ordinary women in bridging the gender gap and enhancing participation of women and girls in the Kenya big four agenda, and Sustainable Development Goals.
This year 2019 theme focuses on innovative ways to realize gender equality with much consideration to social protection systems, access to public service, uptake of Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Design, and Mathematics subjects and careers, participation in high-level decision making and contribution to national development with focus to “leave no one behind”. To realize Sustainable Development Goals, there is a need for innovation and technology that will demonstrate a transformative shift, integrate approaches that will contribute to the realization women and girl’s full potential and empowerment.
Join us on 8th March 2019 as we celebrate a future in which innovation and technology create an opportunity for women and girls to play an active role in building more inclusive systems and accelerate the achievement of gender equity and equality, and Sustainable Development Goals.
This is also an opportunity to accelerate the 2030 Agenda, building momentum for the effective implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals, especially goal number 5: that aims at achieving gender equality; and number 4: that aim at achieving inclusive and quality education for all.
Key targets of the 2030 Agenda include:
- By 2030, ensure that all girls and boys complete free, equitable and quality primary and secondary education leading to relevant and effective learning outcomes.
- By 2030, ensure that all girls and boys have access to quality early childhood development, care, and pre-primary education so that they are ready for primary education.
- Eliminate all forms of violence against all women and girls in the public and private spheres, including trafficking and sexual and other types of exploitation.
- Eliminate all harmful practices, such as a child, early and forced marriage and female genital mutilation.
- End all forms of discrimination against all women and girls everywhere
Let’s hold hands to achieve gender equality in our society. @fawekenya chapter @sdgforum @agenda4
Terry Otieno-CEO FAWE Kenya