FAWE Kenya in partnership with Konrad Adenauer Stiftung’s Rule of Law Program for Anglophone Sub-Saharan Africa wishes to reach out to the young generation between the age of 10 to 18 years to deepen their level of understanding of corruption as a menace to society, and to make them explore ways to combat it.
Through essay writing and artwork the children and youth will be expected to show ways in which corruption affect the following sectors:
- Education sector
- Economic sector
- Environment sector
- Health sector
- Security sector
Why the Contest?
To empower the younger generation in the fight against corruption by inculcating ethical values and raising awareness among Kenyan children.
- Empower pupils and students to effectively participate in governance issues, shun malpractices and corruption by leading as an example.
- Empower the young generation with regard to the management and utilization of public resources.
- Promote human rights, democracy and rule of law between and among children and youth.
- Enable children and youth to express themselves on the negative effects of corruption and explore to combat corruption effectively in the future.
By doing this we will be inculcating ethical values and raising awareness on corruption. The children will therefore be able to participate effectively and express themselves on the effect of corruption as a long-term strategy to combating corruption in the country.
In a nutshell, the two organizations will be promoting citizen’s participation and encouraging the values of integrity, accountability, and transparency are crucial components of fighting corruption.
Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to children and youth between the age of 10-18 years.
- The competition will run from 27th April to 31st May 2021.
- Only shortlisted participants will be contacted.
- All essays submitted must be between 1000-2000 words.
- Entries must be written in English, typed or if handwritten then scanned and submitted through Essayartcon@fawe.or.ke
- Artwork must be done on A4 or A5 or A6 paper size and sent as scanned to Essayartcon@fawe.or.ke. It can also be sent in a paper version to the address in the footnote (Inform the organization in case you’ll use courier services).
- The judges’ decision is final and not subject to appeal.
- Any form of plagiarism will result in automatic disqualification. It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure that his/her essay or artwork does not infringe the copyright of any third party or any other laws and FAWEK/KAS will not be held liable whatsoever.
- Canvasing is not allowed; anyone found canvasing will be automatically disqualified.
- All entries become the property of FAWE Kenya and KAS and may be used in furtherance of the fight against corruption.
The competition will be undertaken in four categories depending on the ages of the pupils/students;
- Junior category (10-12 years)
- Middle category (13-14 years)
- Upper middle category (15 -16 Years)
- Senior category (17-18 years).
Submissions to: Essayartcon@fawe.or.ke
Deadline 31st May 2021